Saturday, January 11, 2014

Bats set listies: 122213/010814

Happy new year, all.

Hi.

How've you been?

Yeah, things have been weird here, too.

I took a solid month's break from spinning regularly.  Sorry folks.  I really needed it.

Lots of things have been put into perspective and lots of steps have been made to take care of a lot of shit.

But it's okay.

I'm okay.

You're okay.

Yes.

Here's the last set I did at The Box.  It was before Xmas, and I wanted to get all up in that yuletide gaiety while I still could.  Necromos helped.

.

122213

White Room

Death In June - The Calling (Mk II)
Light Asylum - Dark Allies
Virgin Prunes - Pagan Lovesong

Necromos: Specimen - Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Siouxsie and the Banshees - Monitor
Joy Division - Transmission

.

Ninja Lounge is still kickin' out beats.  We'll be switching to a bi-weekly format, but the guests we're booking are exciting and the word's spreading nicely.  Our most recent guests, Fem Mystique and Skarkrow, tore it up with me this past Wednesday, and I can't wait to get them back on board.

What do you expect from Ninja Lounge, you wonder?

Well...

Bats:

The Herbaliser - Who's the Realest
DJ Krush - Silent Ungah (Too Much Pain)

Fem Mystique:

IAMX - Cold Red Light
Rob Dougan - Clubbed to Death
mind.in.a.box - Lightforce
Two Fingers - Fools Rhythm
Yendri - Succubi
Massive Attack - Paradise Circus (Gui Boratto Remix)

Skarkrow:

DAF - Absolutebodycontrol
Soft Metals - Psychic Driving
Daughn Gibson - Phantom Rider
How to Destroy Angels - Drowning (Corvus De Timor Mix)
Kill J - Phoenix
Cinderella Effect - After Dark
Fakear - Morning in Japan

Bats:

Amon Tobin - Four Ton Mantis
The Reflecting Skin - Traffickers
Crystal Castles - Courtship Dating
Joe Goddard ft. Mara Carlyle - She Burns
Massive Attack - Inertia Creeps

Fem Mystique:

Röyksopp - Poor Leno
Moby - James Bond Theme
Grimes - Nightmusic
Fractional - Tess
Tiesto - Knock You Out (Owen Westlake Remix)
FC Kahuna - Hayling
How to Destroy Angels - The Believers

Skarkrow:

CONCLΔVE - Ocean Star (DR0WNED IN S0UND by VΔLHΔLLΔ)
Young Gods - In the Otherland
Nick Cave And the Bad Seeds - Push The Sky (Rosa Lux Edit)
labxiv- Turn Me On (Endif mix)
Δaimon - Exu Rei (Mr Kitty Remix)
Ladytron - Ghosts (Modwheelmood)

Bats:

Kill Memory Crash - Hit and Run
Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross - A Familiar Taste
My Robot Friend - The Cut
Blatta and Inesha - We Don't Know
DJ Shadow - Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)
Amon Tobin - Nova

.

Well there you have it.

I will be spinning regularly, again, starting this Sunday.  Technically I'm kicking things off tonight for a birthday party in Oakland, but, you know.  Ninja Lounge will be back on the 22nd this month, but we're keeping the guests on lockdown.

Don't worry.

You know I treat you right.

.

I have to be honest.

I've been making music, again, in my time off.  My brain was allowed to shift its focus more towards doing that.

And I want that more.

So, my brain needs to make a bit of a shift in priorities.

(But I still love to shake with you guys, as well.  Fear not.)

.

Oh.

Yes.

One more thing.

I have an idea for a new short story.





- Em

No comments: