Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bats set listies 053112

So about that Danzig show...

It was fucking rad. Guy was in top form, did a half-hour Misfits set as well as a couple encores at the end, and really put on a hell of a performance.

But it also reignited something that was dormant within me for the longest time.

I'm fixing to go back to the horrorpunk roots, guys.

Apologies to those who are more into the oontz. I like the oontz, but it's like...it's like dating this really hot chick you've only met within the year, and the relationship is really great, the sex is awesome, and people think you're a great couple, but something about it doesn't ignite your passion.

My horrorpunk love...we had rekindling sex recently and it made me remember why I fell for her in the first place. I like her mohawk and ferocity more than oontz's devil-may-care and PVC corsets (while it would look truly flattering on either).

I guess it's an open relationship.

Anyway.

That metaphor got out of hand.

I digress: I spun at Club Apparition this past Thursday, and did just that: one set more punky, the other more oontz. Give the folks what they want, I always say.

.

.

.

Bats
Club Apparition - San Jose (goth/deathrock/horrorpunk/new wave/industrial/ebm/noisy)



I

Release the Bats! - The Birthday Party
Code Blue - TSOL
Romeo's Distress - Christian Death
Some Kinda Hate - The Misfits
Garbage Man - The Cramps
Dead and Buried - Alien Sex Fiend
Phantoms - 45 Grave
Goodbye Horses - Q Lazzarus
Spellbound - Siouxsie and the Banshees



II

Kiss Them For Me - Siouxsie and the Banshees
We Share our Mother's Health - The Knife
Army of Me - Björk
Rituals (iVardensphere Mix) - God Module
Violence - Implant/Angelspit
The Siren - Aesthetic Perfection
Total Job (Photek Mix) - The Faint

.

.

.

'til next time, ladies and gents.

No comments: