Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Bats set listies: Happy Halloween

I want ghouls, I want witches, I want dancing skeletons and the darkest parts of the season.

According to many a culture, we are entering just that.

.

Happy Halloween, everyone.  I hope yours is phenomenal.

My costume?  Madonna in the "Express Yourself" video.

Don't hate.  It's not just a costume this year: it's a statement.

.

A brief review, to satiate any curiosities. 

.

102012

The Box

I

White Room

All Night Long - Peter Murphy
Blasphemous Rumours - Depeche Mode
Stigmata Martyr - Bauhaus
Transmission - Joy Division
True Faith - New Order
Headhunter - Front 242
Hong Kong Garden - Siouxsie and the Banshees
Jumping Someone Else’s Train - The Cure
She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
How Soon Is Now? - The Smiths

II

White Room

Do You Love Me? -Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
 Love Will Tear Us Apart - Joy Division
So Alive - Love and Rockets
I Walk the Line - Alien Sex Fiend
Garbage Man - The Cramps
Romeo’s Distress - Christian Death
Cities in Dust - Siouxsie and the Banshees
Join in the Chant (Burn!) - Nitzer Ebb
Behind the Wheel - Depeche Mode
Blue Monday - New Order

.

102812

The Box's 13th Anniversary

Black Room (closing set)

One-Eyed Man -This Morn’ Omina
TZDV - Faderhead
Violence - Implant/Angelspit
Army of Me - Björk
Stand Up - Stromkern
The Siren - Aesthetic Perfection
Fuck the System (Fukkk Offf Mix) - Cyberpunkers
Sleep Now (Angelspit Mix) - Angelspit

.

The anniversary was one memorable night for everyone.  I'm very proud to have been part of such a monumental occasion.  And I am especially flattered to have seen all those smiling faces out there, rocking the right fuck out along with me, at the end there.  You guys know how to make a gal feel special.

Thanks for making our club awesome.

.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have a wig to play around with.

'til next time...

Happy All Hallow's

- Bats

No comments: